Monday, April 18, 2011

Under Construction, literally!

I chose to call my blog "Under Construction" for two reasons-one, this blogspot is literally under construction, and two, as a person, I am under construction, and I've finally come to peace with that notion. None of us will reach perfection in this life and we better get over it! In my younger years I spent countless hours beating myself up for my many failures (I still indulge in that stupid activity from time to time...hard to teach an old dog new tricks), but I AM better, and I'm living proof that change is possible.

I guess that's why I decided at this stage of life to get a new career-that of a life coach. So many of us struggle on a day to day basis feeling dissatisfied with ourselves, our lot in life, our inability to perform or succeed, and just the general notion we're basically losers. I want to help reverse that mentality, and I truly think it's possible. Some of my type A friends will wonder what the heck I'm even prattling about-this is not for you peeps-you were either trained right, figured it out on your own, or born with the accomplishment gene. Love ya's (as they say in Butte), but get outta here and go look at recipes or something! Some of my type Z friends will say, "Who cares? What's the big deal with failure?" You've been blessed with a special personality. Go lay on the couch :).

The rest of us, probably most of us if we're honest, need a cheerleader and coach in our lives! So let's get busy and start coaching ourselves out of our slumps and move forward. Change is Good!


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I love the title and your explanation for it. Way to go! I'm your cheerleader! :-)

    ReplyDelete