Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My School of Circuit Riders LA Summer Lecture Notes, #3


Jason Maas

On Revival:
2 Chronicles 7:14 "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 

Revival = God's grace

Acts 1:  assembled together, baptized with/in the Holy Spirit to be witnesses (martyrs-unto death).

We are not called just to be witnesses to individuals, but to cities and nations.

The presence of God comes through repentence, humility and prayer.

Revival is not enough- we need REFORMATION, of every sphere of culture.  What this looks like:

1. Power of God revealed
2. Purpose of God established.

Revival = relationship, community and purpose tranformation

Let your works define your faith!

Pastor Ché Ahn

Evangelism should be an overflow of the Holy Spirit in me as I'm doing life!

Eph. 5:15.  Ask to filled continually with the Holy Spirit just as I thirst after water.  Zech. 4:6
Day 2 of Circuit Riders' LA School 2013, July 26, (Love Santa Ana Event), Part 2.

We are on the verse of another Jesus movement in South California. Col. 20:27

1) Be filled with the Spirit
2) Be led by His Spirit: John 5:19, John 10:27 (my sheep hear my voice); Acts 2:17-18 (First  manifestation of Spirit=prophecy)
3) Pray for open doors and divine appointments!
4)  Preach the NEWS!  (Mark 16:17)

Francis Chan

1 Chronicles 16:9  For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

Eph. 5:16: make the best use of the time

In 1 Chr. 15:8 King Asa did not seek help from the Lord rather relied on others.

Revelation 3:2 "Strengthen what remains and is about to die…"

We need FFO:
F = Freedom
F = Fearlessness
O = unOffendable hearts

The American dream sucks J!  It is wealth that ties us down and independence that lets us die a lonely death.

The older we get the more risks and sacrifices we need to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment