Saturday, September 3, 2011

40 Days

About a month ago, I started feeling like I need to change some things in my life; mainly, I want to live with purpose. To live a life sold out to Christ. To stop treating Him like a fishing buddy I call on just whenever I feel like fishing.

 So this past Thursday I began a 40-day journey of dedication. I have sworn off the frivolous (Facebook games, fictional books, time wasting activities, fluff-movies, etc.), and will replace them with things of substance (study, prayer, fasting, listening to God, opening my eyes to the things He's trying to show me, writing, completing previously procrastinated projects, etc.)

During this journey, I pray I gain wisdom and revelation. Peace and Passion. Purpose and victory. I want to turn from the trinkets and trifles of this world, and live with God's perspective on things. WHOM do I need to befriend, help, or encourage? WHAT do I need to do with this precious day that I get to live through just once? WHERE is God asking me to go? I need to shuck off the whiney, poor me, self-absorbed crap, and follow in his footsteps. Acts 17:28 says, "For in Him we live, move, and have our being." This is what I'm going to do...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You Go Girl! I look forward to reading your experience. Maybe you'll inspire me. :o)

    ReplyDelete