Thursday, August 30, 2012

Having Enough

This morning I was praying and the beginning of the 23rd Psalm came to me, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall NOT want."  I began to think about the word "want" in this context, and then looked up this scripture in several versions:

New International Version (©1984): "The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want."

New Living Translation (©2007): "The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010): "Lord Jehovah will shepherd me and I shall lack nothing."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995): "The LORD is my shepherd. I am never in need."

King James 2000 Bible (©2003): "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not lack."

Douay-Rheims Bible: "The Lord ruleth me: and I shall want nothing."

Young's Literal Translation: "Jehovah is my shepherd, I do not lack..."

So either we have all that we need or God is a liar.   Either the Word is true or it isn't. If it's true then I LACK NOTHING.  God has given me everything I need. What I think I lack is not a necessity for me.

2 Peter 1:3 says, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."

What it boils down to is that IF I don't have as much as I think I should...I want what God has decided I don't need.

 1 Timothy 6:6-8 says, "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."

Am I fed? Am I clothed?  If the answer is "yes," then I am NOT in want.

If the answer is "no," then I have allowed the enemy to rob me of my rightful provision from the Lord. I have allowed the thief to steal from me, and that needs to end, now.

I will pray: "Satan, you have no right to my provision and wealth from the Lord. He has promised to care for, feed, clothe and shelter me, and right now I lay hold of this promise. You will not rob from me again.  In Jesus name, Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment